Wednesday 26 June 2013

Our Credentials

I thought I would take the opportunity in this post to talk about our credentials, as in my last post I noted that Marco was 'new' to comics, this could certainly be said of me also, but what does it mean?

I guess most people would call us new as we have no published work. Now while this is technically true, I have a publishing deal with AMM Markosia for a 5 part mini series called No Romance and I also have a kickstarter pending and waiting for approval for an original graphic novel called The Fight We Never Saw. I also have various other comic projects in early stages of development and I was offered a publishing deal for the first comic I ever wrote, but the artist did not like deal and it all fell apart. In terms of writing outside of comics, I've also written a pilot and a series pitch for a TV show and wrote plays for local amateur drama productions. I of course also I have had a lifetime of reading and absorbing the work of great comics writers.

Marco meanwhile has been interviewed and given good reviews by Marvel editors. Carlos Pacheco whose artwork is well known by all Marvel and DC fans, greatly admires Marco's work and has advised him to seek out management. This talent didn't come over night however, Marco was drawing almost from birth and it was comics that inspired him. He has had his work used by bands for promotional material  and could easily find work in other artistic ventures, but it's comics that pull at his heart strings.

Did I write this post to tell you how great Marco and I are? No, far from it. I guess all I really want to say is it takes an awful lot of hard work and commitment to be 'new' to comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment